A petition signature withdrawal form is available HERE.


A special election will be held in the City of Alameda on April 9, 2019.  For information, please feel free to contact the City Clerk's Office by email or phone at 510-747-4800.  The City has prepared Frequently Asked Questions regarding the McKay Avenue issue.

The two ballot measures are: 

1) City of Alameda Caring Alameda Act: Proposed Ballot Measure of the City of Alameda: Shall an ordinance confirming the City Council’s actions to permit reuse of vacant federal buildings on a 3.65-acre parcel on McKay Avenue and allow for the development of a wellness center for senior assisted living and supportive services for homeless individuals by changing the General Plan designation from “Federal Facilities” to “Office,” removing the Government Combining District classification and maintaining the existing zoning district designation, be adopted?; and 

2) Initiative Measure:  Shall the initiative to change the land use and zoning designations for a 3.65-acre parcel on McKay Avenue, from Office/Administrative-Professional to Open Space, which prohibits the conversion of vacant federal buildings into a senior assisted living facility, medical clinic and supportive services for homeless individuals, and limits the use of the property to parks and related uses, be adopted? 

For information registering to vote, please visit the Alameda County Registrar of Voters' website or contact the Registrar at 510-272-6973.

If you are already registered to vote, please visit My Voter Profile to lookup the following information:
-Your voter registration information
-Your polling place
-Your sample ballot
-The status of your vote by mail ballot
-Your preferred language
-Whether you have chosen to receive your sample ballot by mail
-Your elected officials.

For information on running for office in the City of Alameda, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 510-747-4800.

Pursuant to City Charter Section 2-5: "Every elected officer of the City shall be a registered voter of the City at the time of filing nomination papers and for a period of thirty days immediately preceding the date of filing."

For information on becoming a poll worker, please visit the Registrar of Voters' website or contact the Registrar at 510-272-6971.

Prior elections results are available online on the Registrar of Voters' website. If you have any questions about prior elections, please contact the Office of the City Clerk via e-mail or via telephone at 510-747-4800.